Winners of Gas Industry Awards 2021 announced
18th May 2021
The Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA) and the Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers (IGEM) are pleased to announce the winners of the Gas Industry Awards 2021.
The winners of this year’s awards were named at the award ceremony which, for the first time in its history, was a virtual event, hosted by television presenter Dallas Campbell.
There were 10 categories of award, followed by the Lifetime Achievement Award. The winners were:
- Company of the Year, sponsored by Towngas - ULC Robotics
- Customer Service Award - The Orange Angels, Cadent’s Eastern network
- Engineer of the Year - David Butler, Director, SGN Natural Gas; and David Rae, Project Manager, SGN
- Innovation Award, sponsored by SGN - Development of a Pure Hydrogen Boiler, Baxi Heating
- Leadership Award, sponsored by Cadent - Danny O’Malley, Director, SGN Natural Gas
- Manager of the Year, sponsored by Radius Systems - Hilary Buxton, Director of Engineering, Cadent; and Julia Dwyer, Director, Cadent Foundation
- Product of the Year, sponsored by Morrison Energy Services - C55 Asset Investment Planning and Management developed by Copperleaf Technologies in collaboration with Northern Gas Networks, National Grid Transmission and SGN; and Mechanical Purge End Fitting developed by Plasson in collaboration with Cadent and ROSEN
- Project of the Year - Asset Investment Planning Project undertaken by National Grid Gas Transmission
- Safety Award, sponsored by GISG - Wales & West Utilities’ Demanding Safety Always
- Young Person’s Achievement Award, sponsored by Wales & West Utilities - Christopher Stamp, Senior Pipeline Inspector, R&L Project Services; and Gulraj Chatha, Engineering Manager, Assurance & Compliance, Cadent
- Lifetime Achievement Award - David Lander
The Gas Industry Awards recognise the contribution of the gas industry’s most innovative, dedicated and outstanding members and, like many events, were postponed in 2020 due to the pandemic but the decision to move the awards means that the nominees have received the full coverage that they deserve.
Mike Foster, Chief Executive of EUA, said: “The 2021 Gas Awards have once again showcased the industry and those working within it. It is an industry that continued to move forward through a global pandemic. The gas industry provides inspiration and thought leadership to many, and is key to enabling the UK to hit its net zero target.”
Duncan Wong, President of IGEM, said: “The quality of nominations improves every year and makes the judging harder but equally more enjoyable to see the developments and improvements in the sector.”
While Ben Clarke, IGEM’s President Elect, said: “I would like to say well done to all our finalists. We are fortunate to be working with such inspiring, talented, and innovative individuals and organisations.”
Event organisers IGEM and EUA would also like to offer their thanks to the award sponsors, guest speaker Jonathan Brearley, CEO at Ofgem, and host Dallas Campbell.
Details of the 2022 awards will be available on the IGEM and EUA websites soon.
28th Oct 2021
25th Oct 2021
20th Oct 2021
20th Oct 2021
19th Oct 2021