Join Us! EUA are recruiting for an Economist
20th May 2019
The Energy and Utilities Alliance are recruiting for a new Economist. This role is to support the EUA’s policy development and statistical service. This will enhance the offering to members of the organisation and support our engagement with government and other stakeholders.
Applicants should have a background in economic research and analysis. A degree in economics is essential and holding a relevant Master’s degree ideal. Knowledge of the energy and heating sector in the UK is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
The ideal candidate would be an economics recent university graduate with a masters or higher degree in an energy-related topic. The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary, starting at circa £26,000 plus staff bonus.
- To manage and deliver EUA’s statistical service, providing up to date information to member companies on monthly activity.
- Provide analysis of the data and commentary to members and externally.
- Develop economic models that provide member companies with forecasts of future trends in the sector and markets they operate.
- Collate and analyse all statistical and economic data relevant to the membership of the organisation and disseminate the information to members and others, serving the objectives and policies of EUA.
- Assist in influencing government fiscal and economic policies in support of our members.
- Assist in producing evidence based responses to consultations and policy proposals on behalf of EUA.
- Represent EUA by presenting research externally.
Key skills and competencies.
- Ability to analyse and interpret economic and industry data quickly.
- Ability to write on complex economic issues that is accessible to members and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information to a wide range of audiences.
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications and basic econometric packages.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise work.
- Able to work as part of a team.
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
24th Jun 2019
19th Jun 2019
17th Jun 2019
13th Jun 2019
12th Jun 2019