Winners of Gas Industry Awards 2017 announced

16th May 2017

 

The 2017 Gas Industry Awards, organised by the Energy and Utilities Alliance, EUA and IGEM were presented at a special lunchtime awards ceremony in London’s Park Lane Hilton on Tuesday 9th May.

There were 10 categories and two special recognition awards.

The winners were:

Manager of the Year – Terry Carroll, SGN

Engineer of the Year – Andrew Musgrave, SGN

Young Person’s Achievement – Jayne Dawson, Northern Gas Networks

Safety Award – Cliff Hoy, British Gas

Energy Efficiency Award – Baxi

Innovation Project Award – Synthotech, National Grid Transmission, Premtech and Pipeline Integrity   Engineers (PIE) for project GRAID

Customer Service Award –  Baxi Customer Support

Innovation Product Award – SGN in partnership with ULC Robotics for CIRRIS

Leadership Award – Christopher J Murray MBE, Xoserve

Company of the Year – Synthotech

Special Recognition Awards –  John Baldwin of CNG Services and Maureen McIntosh of SGN

The event was hosted by radio and TV broadcaster John Inverdale. Awards were presented by IGEM President Sheila Lauchlan, EUA President Andrew Keating, and CEO of Cadent Gas Chris Train OBE.

Since it began in 1998, the Gas Industry Awards has developed a reputation for uncovering extraordinary talent and highly innovative work.

Sarb Bajwa, IGEM CEO, said: “Yet again the standard of entries to the awards was extremely high and the judges report they had a tough time making their decisions. Well done to all of the winners who can be very proud of their achievements.”

Mike Foster, Chief Executive of EUA, said: “I want to thank all of those who took part in the awards which recognises and rewards the outstanding achievements of individuals and businesses working across the gas industry. Congratulations to this year’s winners. The gas industry boasts some of the UK’s most talented people and innovative companies, so winning is a huge honour

A collection was taken in aid of the Dominic Rodgers Trust, which was launched to remember 10-year-old Dominic Rodgers who died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a leak from a neighbour’s house in 2004.